Urban Decay Haul & Lookbook

Okay, so I was meant to write this post probably almost a month ago. Buuuut before I had the time to take loads of look book photos, I kept buying more UD stuff, which meant I needed to take more photos and it all sliiiiightly spiralled out of control.

But we got there eventually. So lets start with the one product I was ACTUALLY meant to buy and review.

Urban Decay Full Spectrum

fullsizeoutput_93d

The colours, the textures, the RAINBOW. I wasn’t sure about getting the Full Spectrum palette at first because first I thought “will I wear these colours?”, but then I thought “I’m gonna make myself wear them”. This is actually my second of these palettes, since the first one I bought I got home was smashed when I opened it. The heartbreak. It took me a while to play with it and get creative with it since I’m so used to nude colours, but eventually I found some Insta Inspiration and got the ball rolling. The colours can look scarily bright, but the pigment isn’t massively bright at first, but it’s really buildable, which can be seen as a negative, but for me it’s good. Leaving me with dangerously bright colours is NOT a good idea. But with a bit of practice, I’m getting to grips with it and growing to love having pink back on my eyelids. And blue. And green. Occasionally yellow.

B6 Prep Spray and Optical Illusion Complexion Primer

fullsizeoutput_db6

So this I love. The Optical Illusion Complexion Primer is my second primer from UD (can you tell I have a UD problem?) and it just feels so good. I use it mainly on my T-Zone where my pores can be quite open and where I have most of my imperfections (damn my smile lines, they make me look about 50) and my foundation GLIDES on.

fullsizeoutput_db7

Other than being totally photogenic, the B6 Prep Spray also has it’s other uses. I bought a tester of this back in the summer before I went on holiday because I knew I wouldn’t be wearing much, if any foundation, and the promise of reducing redness drew me in. It’s such a refreshing spray, I use it either before my moisturiser or before my makeup if I forget to do it earlier. It’s also oil absorbing, so it stops me from getting shiny and greasy throughout the day which is a godsend, since my makeup used to have melted to down by my chin by like 5pm. What a good look.

Razor Sharp Liquid Liners

fullsizeoutput_db4

When I first saw the Razor Sharp Liquid Eyeliners on Instagram way back in the Summer 16, I knew these had to be mine. I knew I’d be absolutely awful at the them. I was right. The brush isn’t something I’m used to, since my trusty black liner is a pen. God this was a learning curve. But with a bit of practice and a few makeup wipes and swear words I got there eventually. Bump, the white one, was a must-have for me, I’m in love with graphic liner at the moment. The pigment it amazing, even covering red eyeshadow with ease, however I’m not massively keen on the texture. It’s a bit – Tipex-y – which isn’t particularly pleasant, but I can live with it. Plus, when taking it off, it’ll occasionally just roll off in one strip, which makes it a LOT easier. Goldrush, the gold one, obviously, I bought last week as an extra lil treat because I keep seeing lines of gold glitter in the crease and I’m LOVING it! I did have a look at the Heavy Metal glitter eyeliners, but trying to get a solid line out of it just reminded me of trying to paint my nails with a glitter coat and struggling to get an even amount of glitter. And I’m not willing to go through that tediousness on my eyes either. But it’s just so SPARKLY.

Vice Lipstick in Peversion

fullsizeoutput_db1

No.1 I’m particularly proud of this photo. No.2 My inner emo has finally escaped. After all these years I’ve finally cracked and bought my first black lipstick. And actually, my first Urban Decay lipstick. It’s got a comfort matte finish, which feels so nice, because as a matte liquid lipstick addict, my lips can take a beating. In fact, I’m so used to liquid lipsticks that I had basically forgotten how to put on a normal lipstick, and that I wouldn’t need to scrub my lips into an inch of their lives to get it off. This is soft and gentle and stops me feeling cracked and gross. It’s got great pigment, it gets weird looks from my relatives, what more could you want in a lipstick?

Lookbook

I’ve spent the last few weeks putting a few looks together, most of which seem to be my trusty cut creases, but I LOVE THEM.

fullsizeoutput_da1

This was my first try, since then I’ve gotten much more adventurous. This was also before I learned that I really needed to build the colour.

fullsizeoutput_da3This was literally the next day. Kinda inspired by Kat Von D’s Pastel Goth palette, I tried something a bit new. Damn I loved having a blue inner corner. And white eyeliner lashes. This was actually my first go at my white eyeliner and up close it looks bloody terrible. So here’s a nicely distanced shot. Enjoy.

fullsizeoutput_dbePlaying with my eyeliner again I kinda felt like the deer snapchat filter. And I loved it. This for me really tested it’s staying power, since those dots could have easily been rubbed or scratched off, yet they were still chilling there by the end of the day. 10 points for UD.

fullsizeoutput_dafAs you can tell I’m definitely getting more comfortable with bright colours again. Hallelujah. Soon I’ll be wearing them to work.

fullsizeoutput_db2Okay so this one’s a little bit of a cheat. My eyeshadow is all ABH Modern Renaissance with my Goldrush liner over the top, but let’s be honest. The main focus here in this look is the black lipstick. And with a neutral but warm eye, I can’t help but thinking it looks weirdly…wearable? Could just be me.

fullsizeoutput_db8

Oh my god. This. I think this is my favourite makeup I’ve ever worn. I’m obsessed. But I know I’ll NEVER be able to do it again this well. I had a bit of a practice with my Bump eyeliner and this was how it turned out. Totally obsessed. So here’s some more of it.

fullsizeoutput_dba

And some more..

fullsizeoutput_da5

So now I’m on a UD spending ban. Until they release their skincare range that is…

1. March 29, 2017 / 4:38 pm

I love Urban Decay products! Their Perversion mascara is my fave! Love the graphic liner, all your looks are so pretty!x

2. March 30, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Loving all of these looks! I wish I could et away with all these bold colours but I don’t think I could!

Still in need to own their products! Great post!

Jessica | growchangeaccept.co.uk

3. March 30, 2017 / 5:12 pm

These are amazing I’ve always wanted to try UD but have no idea where to start.
    Sipiwe | notsphiwe.com

• March 30, 2017 / 5:14 pm

Thank you! I started with nude colours to ease my way in haha! xx

4. Kayleigh Zara
    March 30, 2017 / 5:16 pm

I love the vice lipsticks and perversion looks amazing! Also the colours in the palette are stunning x

5. March 30, 2017 / 5:17 pm

I need that spectrum palette it is BEAUTIFUL! Fantastic post with some great products xx

Itsallzara.blogspot.co.uk

6. March 30, 2017 / 5:20 pm

all of the looks you created are so gorgeous, the brighter colours in the full spectrum palette really suit you x

7. March 30, 2017 / 5:39 pm

I really want to try the Optical Illusion Complexion Primer, I’ve never managed to find a good primer. The black lipstick looks so good on you! x

8. March 30, 2017 / 5:40 pm

These products look fab and you havent half done some lovely looks with them!! I recently purchased the all nighter setting spray and I love it!

Sarah | sazsinclair.blogspot.co.uk xx

• March 30, 2017 / 5:48 pm

Thank you lovely! I have that too, it’s a lifesaver isn’t it? x

9. March 30, 2017 / 6:35 pm

I shouldn’t have read this post coz I am trying to save money and now I just want to spend it all at Urban Decay! The palette is amazing and the colors look amazing on you! I am a fan of the lipstick too! xx Corinne

10. April 4, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I bet you have so much fun with all of those colours! All of your make up looks are so nice! 😘

11. TheCrimsonCardigan
    April 4, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Oooh that lipstick is the best thing ever! It does look really wearable with the soft neutral eye. I’d wear it for sure! I do love UD so much. They have been my favorite brand for such a long time.

Ashlynn | http://thecrimsoncardigan.com

12. April 4, 2017 / 7:07 pm

This is such a beautiful post! Such a good selection of products, and the lookbook images are beautiful. You’re right, the black lipstick is totally warm and wearable with the neutral eye, you look amazing!
    Hels x

13. April 4, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I love urban decay! These looks are so pretty xx

14. April 4, 2017 / 7:11 pm

I would love to try the primary and lipstick! 🙂 Thank you for sharing your opinion!:)
    xoxo Annaleid

April 4, 2017 / 7:19 pm

Wow what an amazing haul! I am just dying to but their spectrum palette. There is just so many amazing make up products at the moment my bank are gonna be sooo happy! x

• April 4, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Haha I FEEL you! I’m trying to restrain myself this month haha! x

16. April 4, 2017 / 7:19 pm

So many gorgeous urban decay products! I love the look of the full spectrum palette but like you I’m not sure if I’ll wear the shades.. I absolutely love the looks that you’ve created though!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

• April 4, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I still haven’t worked through all the shades but I’ll get there eventually haha! Thank you! x

17. April 4, 2017 / 7:23 pm

I love all of the looks you did, especially the last 3😍 And that dark lipstick looks absolutely insane, great post! I definitely need to do some shopping at UD soon! Xx

18. April 4, 2017 / 7:40 pm

I love the palette, the colours are so pretty! I need to try urban decay products!

19. April 4, 2017 / 11:36 pm

I have fallen into an eye makeup slump – with the exception of a one off day here or there for a special event or something its a simple black cat eye with mascara and done haha! I feel like if I pick up the palette maybe it will give me the push to try something new…

Britt | https://alternativelyspeakingonline.wordpress.com/

20. April 12, 2017 / 8:26 pm

GIRLLL you are SLAYING! Omg also that palette is so gorgeous. The shades are so bright and colourful and very fun. Love it. Really want to get my hands on it ahhh! Love those eye looks as well girly! x

sami | possiblysami.com