Monthly Round-Up!

August has been one hell of a month. Like, I don’t even know where to start. Probably the beginning…yeah, that’s a good idea.

I guess this post is a bit of an experiment, I’ve never done anything particularly personal. So let me know if you like it. Or if you don’t like it, so we can pretend this never happened and move on with our lives. Anyway.

It’s been an eventful month. And HELLA busy.

As well as spending too much money on clothes and make-up, it started with a two night Don Broco extravaganza, which you can read about here, as well as my super cool visit to the Kerrang! offices to eat Krispy Kreme donuts and talk about the magazine. This completely re-ignited my journalism goal. Rock music, writing and photography what could be more me?! IMG_0864

Since then it’s been a lot of work related stuff. Working, looking for new work, crying over work, the whole lot. My job is pretty ideal for me, writing for a job, but it’s the environment. I need somewhere where I’m busy and allowed to actually be creative.

Because of how down this job gets me, once a week I visit a counsellor. She has a good habit of clearing all the bad stuff away and getting me super motivated, so this last week has been a lot of cover letter writing and CV writing. Does anyone have any tips? Mine just never seems to look any good!IMG_0944

Saying that, I managed to get an interview for a Marketing Internship, which I’m waiting to hear back from. Fingers crossed! (please lord I need to get out of this place…)

Also this weekend, I went to Brighton with my parents, the first little impromptu family outing in about 10 years. A pretty big moment and an amazing day.

I’ve met a load of blog targets! This month’s targets were:

• Blog Consistently
  • Reach 90 followers
  • Reach 250 Twitter followers (sad, I know)

And by the end of the month, I’ve reached 100 blog followers (as of about 5 minutes ago, eep!), I’ve hit 350 Twitter followers and I’ve managed to keep my blog routine up, blogging twice a week. If I’m not too boring, I might even boost it up to three times a week.IMG_0888

In this month, I’ve hit 1000 total views, my most views in a month, week and day, as well as the most views and likes on a post, which was my last one, Black Jeans Three Ways. So it’s all going well! And now I just need to beat it…

Also blog related this week, a few things are going on. I was contacted by My Trending Stories to be a contributor! Exciting! Has anyone else been contacted by them or heard of them?

I’ve also become a part of a SUPER cool project called GRL POWR. We’re a blogger community run by the best of friends. We just started as a group chat, which evolved into a twitter chat and a blog celebrating positivity and power. I’m super excited for this project because it seems to be taking off really well and I’ve made friends with some AMAZING girls because of it. But more about that next week. So make sure to come back then!

Now I need to think about next month’s targets.

Blog: I doubled my follower count this month, but I think maybe 200 is a biiiit ambitious, let’s go for 150.

Twitter: Now this time I will be a bit ambitious, let’s go for 500!

Life: Keep applying for jobs and GET OUT OF THIS PLACE.

What are your goals for next month? Do you like small, quick goals or longer, more challenging goals to work towards?

Let me know what you thought of this, I know it was a bit different, I’m not sure about it.

1. August 29, 2016 / 12:51 am

You’ll definitely double your followers in the next month, I love your blog!!
    My goals are 100 blog followers and for school to be better when I go back after having a break Xx

• August 29, 2016 / 7:52 am

Thank you so much, that made my morning! ☺️
      And sometimes you just need a break for everything to feel better! Xx

• August 29, 2016 / 10:16 am

No problem☺️!! Yes I completely agree xx

2. August 29, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Ah well done you for reaching and passing all of your blog goals! It’s the best feeling when you do that. Hopefully you’ll manage to find job you enjoy a lot more soon. I know the feeling, I’m working somewhere that I REALLY don’t like at the moment, but I’m saving up to go travelling at the start of next year so that is getting me through it aha!

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

• August 29, 2016 / 3:12 pm

It’ll be so worth it though! Where are you travelling to?

3. Kimberley jessica
    August 30, 2016 / 8:18 am

I absolutely love this! It’s such a great idea being able to write everything down that’s happened so you can review back on it and generally just be proud of yourself. But I’m proud of you too!

-kimberleyjessica.blogspot.co.uk

4. August 31, 2016 / 8:14 pm

Great post jodie! You’ve done so well in reaching all your targets for blogging, megga proud of you! This GRLPOWR thing has been an amazing crazy ride and I’m so glad we are all I it together. Good luck with achieving your next set of goals

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

• August 31, 2016 / 8:19 pm

I’m so excited to do my GRLPOWR post tomorrow, I can’t wait to see where it goes!

5. August 31, 2016 / 8:16 pm

Have you tried using Canva to write your CV, I did that last week to get a marketing grad job and I’ve had a few phone interviews off it as it makes my CV stand out.
    Laura x

• August 31, 2016 / 8:18 pm

I haven’t, but I’ll check it out! Thank you! X

6. August 31, 2016 / 8:18 pm

Well done! Its great that you can look back on this month and see you have more than achieved what you wanted

• August 31, 2016 / 8:21 pm

I know! I might keep up with this, it’s so motivating!

7. August 31, 2016 / 8:19 pm

Congrats on reaching on your goals! And good luck with the CV, I always struggle but I think just being clear and concise is the key!
    Sounds like you had a great month 🙂 x

• August 31, 2016 / 8:25 pm

It worked and I managed to get a job, so it can’t be too bad! And I did ☺️ x

8. August 31, 2016 / 8:32 pm

This was such a lovely post! I love hoe honest you were and I am sure you will reach your goals for next month x