I know this is VERY unlike me, but thought I’d try something a bit different in honour of me trying to a TINY bit more personal. So here we go! My first 10 will be general, the next 10 will be beauty related and my last 5 will be deep and personal. *shiver*
25 little snippets of me:
- What is your middle name? Here’s something weird. I have two. Even weirder, one of them is Coventry. As in the place. Jodie Danielle Coventry Mitchell. That’s me.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, never.
- What is your eye colour? This changes literally every day. Could be green, could be brown, could be hazel. Every day is a new eyeshadow colour.
- What is your favourite song at the moment? This is very off the beaten track for me, since I’m more of a Green Day, Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys girl, but my favourite songs at the moment are Blow Your Mind by Dua Lipa and That’s My Girl by Fifth Harmony. They’re just so GIRLPOWER.
- What was your favourite subject at school? My favourite subjects were easily Photography, English Language and Dance, which I was lucky enough to have as my A-Levels. Best two years ever.
- What is your favourite colour? Does grey count? I hope it does because I bloody love it, my room is grey, I have matching nail varnishes (sad, I know) and so much grey clothing and I LOVE IT ALL.
- What is the last thing you bought? The last fun non-grown-up thing I bought was my Modern Renaissance palette which I am completely obsessed with. A review will be coming up on Sunday, but until then, you can see my first play with it here.
- What is your favourite food? This is a really difficult question. I just don’t know. It could be any kind of dessert, it could be anything with cheese in it, anything. I might go for the Zizzi’s Italian Short Rib. God DAMN that thing falls off the bone.
- What is your favourite movie? Okay. So I have a favourite movie that sounds cool to like and I also have a favourite that I don’t tell people is really my favourite. My favourite film is Gladiator, but my real favourite is Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. YES I’M A NERD DON’T JUDGE ME.
- Do you have any pets? I have a cat called Ash, who you might have noticed sneaking into my photos before. If you haven’t, here she is being a total poser:
- Is your hair naturally curly or straight? Naturally wild and curly, but also very dry so I try to avoid using heat on it at all costs. I go old school and sleep in plaits like I also did when I was 9. I’m cool.
- How long does it take to do your make-up? Haha, WELL. On a work morning it’ll take about 20 minutes, but on weekends I like to go all out and play around, so shamefully it can take about an hour sometimes. That’s so bad.
- What do you do first? Face or eyes? I always used to start with face, but then I’d get annoyed with the fallout from my eyes, so I’ve switch recently and it’s working a DREAM.
- Do you collect makeup or just buy it when you need it? I’m a bit of both, it depends what it is. With eyeshadow palettes or lipsticks, I’m DEFINITELY a collector, but for things like foundation I buy as and when I need it. I’ve never understood how people can have like five foundations at once!
- Would you leave the house without makeup? Absolutely! When I was 18 and working in a pub I didn’t wear any at all, nothing worse than finishing a shift at 3am and remembering you have to take it all off!
- How many high-end products do you have? Again, this is only palettes mainly, Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes, Anastasia Beverly Hills contour, glow kit and Modern Renaissance palette, with the exception of my sneaky Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Thank you Glossybox!
- How often do you change your handbag? I’m terrible at handbags! I have ones for specific purposes where the stuff never leaves it! I have a work bag, a small black going out bag, an everyday bag and then big bags for carrying stuff like my camera equipment. I’m a terrible girl.
- Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon? I used to be AMAZING at doing my own nails, I had all the tools for doing funky designs, but since I’ve been in work I’m so bad at it! I only ever go to a salon for special occasions and get Shellac so it lasts aaages.
- Do you have a list of products to try as you see other posts? I have a MASSIVE list. It’s lucky Christmas is coming up…
- How often do you wear fake eyelashes? I used to wear them a lot for dance shows or parties when I was younger but then I stopped when I left school. I’ve definitely been looking to find some nice ones though but the ones I’ve tried just don’t seem to suit me! However, I did just get some in my new Glossybox, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Are you named after anyone? Yes. My first middle name, Danielle was the name of my Dad’s sister, my aunt, who I never got to meet as she passed away when she was just a baby.
- When was the last time you cried? This question made me feel really good. If you asked me this about a month ago, I probably would have said “today” or “yesterday”. But right now, I actually don’t know. Properly cry, that is. Because I watched a compilation of all the John Lewis Christmas adverts the other day and that definitely got me going.
- If you were another person would you be a friend of yourself? (where am I FINDING these questions?!) Definitely. I’m HILARIOUS.
- What is your favourite childhood memory? Probably when I was at the beach with my mum and grandma for the last time and my mum’s chair gave up and fell over sideways while she was still in it. It was like it happened in slow motion.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I know I’m technically an adult, but I am nowhere near grown up. Now I’ve got my foot in the door, I want to keep working in Digital Marketing and hopefully be a big powerful boss lady. Maybe one day I’ll fit a family in there somewhere, but for now it’s work work work work work work.
And that’s me! I hope you’re all still here and haven’t gone running screaming for the hills because I’m talking about STUFF.