Weekly Trivia #14

Hello hello, happy Friday! This week has been a pretty calm one. And to be honest, I’m quite relieved about it! I say calm, but I’m actually getting busier and busier. But nothing out of the ordinary has been going on this week – no cocktail making for me!

Last weekend was super super chilled. I got to go visit my grandparents, which I always love doing, I just wish I had the time to do it more often! I went home and got SO much lovely blog photography done. All for posts you will be seeing VERY soon, exciting stuff! I also managed to sit down for an hour, all by myself (except for the cat because she wanted cuddles) and write. Not blog stuff, not work stuff, just me in my own little world. And I LOVED it. So I’ve vowed to try and do it for half an hour every night, to wind down before sleep to hopefully sleep better. I’ve also started getting up half an hour earlier to do my yoga in the morning. Oh god I’m one of those people now. Gross.

IMG_3601

On Sunday, Joe and I got into the Easter mood and made the mother of all Creme Egg cheesecake. It’s still haunting me now, but it was AMAZING and there’s definitely going to be a blog post, so get ready to throw your diets out the window.

IMG_3639

I managed to give myself a bit of a break on Monday though. And by a break, I mean I had a bath. That’s it. That’s me taking a break. A half an hour bath. Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do – and there’s still more stuff I want to do, it just never stops. Get up at 6:30 for yoga, get to work at 9, get home at 6, dinner, shower, sit down at about 8 or 9 and blog til 11. Write from 11-11:30. Sleep. And then start again. God I need a holiday.

Buuuut tonight I’m at Lower Than Atlantis in Brixton and I am SO excited. I’m going with my best friend who I haven’t seen since January and I can’t wait. He’s a lot bigger than me, so my hope would be that he’d look after me, but in reality I know it’s gonna mean he’s going to throw me into a mosh pit. If you don’t hear from me again, you know how I went.

1. March 17, 2017 / 9:40 pm

LOVE that eyeshadow look by the way.. it’s so crucial and nice to have relaxing weeks here every once in a while. Going nonstop with work and school or whatever it may be can just burn you out, I def. feel that way sometimes. This week I’ve been on spring break so it’s been a nice refresher! x

• March 18, 2017 / 12:45 am

Thank you! I know, I’m definitely going to need to slow down for a little while soon! Ooh lucky you, hope it was lovely! X

2. March 17, 2017 / 9:52 pm

I love having long baths too – love chilling out! I need to get back into yoga, wish I had your motivation to get out of bed earlier to do it but I just can’t leave my bed in the morning! xo

3. March 17, 2017 / 10:02 pm

I love your weekly trivia posts by the way I think they’re really sweet and you write so well.

That cheesecake nearly gave me a heartache, can I know where you found this recipe, my birthday is in April and I may be 25 but I want that cake lol 🙂

• March 18, 2017 / 1:24 am

Thank you lovely! There’ll be the recipe up this week so keep your eyes peeled! Xx

4. March 17, 2017 / 10:02 pm

I need to try winding down also, i always go to bed late i do make time for myself seen as i’m currently out of a job but being on the computer 24/7 can be a little stressful sometimes and makes me over think too much, i do exercise before i start my day so also so that helps alot

• March 18, 2017 / 1:29 am

Being infront of a screen all day can totally stress you out! One week into starting my day with exercise and I’m loving it!

5. sazsinclair
    March 17, 2017 / 10:05 pm

Love this – a bath is me having a break too!! Sounds like youve been a busy bee!!xx

Sarah | sazsinclair.blogspot.co.uk

• March 18, 2017 / 1:34 am

Thank you! They’re just so lovely though aren’t they?

March 17, 2017 / 10:53 pm

Haha have an amazing time. Also cant wait for that recipe as the cheesecake looks amazing! I have also become a yoga person euugghh hahaha x

• March 18, 2017 / 1:35 am

What weirdos we are haha! The cheesecake definitely undid all the work I’d done that week though haha! X

• lolitambonita
        March 18, 2017 / 3:56 pm

Never thought I would be one up at the crack of dawn doing downwards dog hahaha! Ah well its all about balance hey! x

7. March 18, 2017 / 1:10 am

We all need to disconnect and recharge sometimes.
    There is a song called “Humble and Kind” by Tim McGraw and one line is “…visit Grandpa every chance that you can. It won’t be wasted time, always stay humble and kind.”

Sometimes you just need to ground yourself especially if it means seeing people you love and wish you could see more.

Your blog and photos are beautiful.

• March 18, 2017 / 1:37 am

Thank you so so much! That’s so true, you can’t take time for granted! X