Happy birthday to meee! Today I turned 21 and 21 is always known as a big birthday, and I know it is for me. In the last year SO much has changed, me included. I’ve lived and I’ve learnt so I’ve put a lil list together of all the things I’ve worked out in my long 21 years on this earth.
- Nothing lasts forever – make the most of the people and things and blessings in your life.
- Learn everything you can.
- Similarly – take every opportunity given to you – it’s been offered to you for a reason, trust yourself.
- It’s okay to put yourself first.
- Change is good. Embrace it, don’t run from it.
- People won’t always stay for good – whether that’s for better or for worse.
- It’s okay to remove people from your life yourself.
- If people don’t like that you’ve “changed”, they’re the problem – not you.
- It’s okay to have a bad day. Everyone has them.
- Also – there’s not much a cup of tea and a bath can’t fix.
- Take a break. Stop pushing yourself til you burn out.
- Ask for help. Whether you’re struggling with something or you have too much going on, someone can help.
- Your cat only wants you for food. She has also already been fed.
- If there’s something that you want, that really sets your soul on fire – go for it.
- Bedtime routines are your friend. Yes you sound about 40. Deal with it.
- Eat the takeaway for god’s sake. It won’t hurt. You know a chinese will always have your heart.
- But exercise is your friend, it’ll make you feel better.
- People don’t see you how you see you – in a good way.
- Keep your friends close. They care about you.
- Go round Nan and Grandad’s for breakfast as much as you can.
- Do what you want to do (I mean don’t get arrested or anything) – don’t listen to what other people have to say. If you want to do it. Do it.
So there we have it! All the things I’ve learned over my years. I hope they weren’t all too deep and meaningful. These are just things I tell myself, but if they help you, take them and run with them.
PS: To celebrate hitting 1k followers on twitter, I’m running a giveaway to win a Kat Von D Chrysalis palette, which you can enter here!