So, since it’s Easter and those lovely little Creme Eggs only grace our lives for a couple of months in a year, Joe and I thought that we should celebrate them in only one way. Making them even less healthy. So I went off to surf the internet until I found the perfect recipe on Netmums. Get prepared to give up giving up for lent and throw that diet out the window because this could potentially give you the best heart attack ever.
I know it looks like there’s a lot of unhealthy stuff here. That’s because there is.
For the base
- 300g chocolate digestives
- 150g butter
For the cheesecake
- 600ml double cream
- 560g cream cheese (two of the big tubs)
- 150g icing sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 bags of mini Creme Eggs
For the decoration
- 3 Creme Eggs
- 150g white chocolate
- 75g milk chocolate
- Yellow gel food colouring
- Get your rolling pin out and relieve all stress on those digestives. Until finely crushed.
- Melt the butter and combine with the crushed biscuits, pressing into the bottom of the lined cheesecake tin.
- Whisk the double cream with the icing sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Chop the mini Creme Eggs into quarters and gently fold into the cream mixture along with the cream cheese and the lemon juice.
- Top the base with the cheesecake mix and set in the fridge for at least three hours. The original recipe uses a 7 inch tin, but we used an 8 inch tin and it was completely full so I have NO idea how they did that.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least three hours (we left it overnight because we took a nap that totally just turned into a full night’s sleep)
- Remove the cake from the tin *carefully*.
- Melt the milk chocolate and drizzle over the top, and then do the same with half of the white chocolate.
- With the other half, melt and add the yellow food colouring and drizzle over the top. (Ours went a REALLY weird consistency, so as you can see, we just threw it away)
- Cut the three Creme Eggs in half and sit on top.
And there you have it. Solidly one of the most calorific, heart attack inducing, but oh-so-good
cheesecakes desserts I’ve ever eaten. Good luck.