Hello April!

How. Just HOW are we in April please? This has been the busiest month EVER for me and I’ve loved it. At the time it felt super quick, but looking back, this has actually been a REALLY long month.

It started as it meant to go on, with my fabulous birthday day out with Joe and this month I have been a VERY lucky lady. I don’t think I’ve ever done so much with so many different people around my birthday. Queue the warm fuzzies. I seriously have the BEST people around.

IMG_2288

So what have I got planned for this month? Absolutely nothing so far. Actually thats a bit of a lie, but compared to last month, I’m gonna be seriously well rested. I’ve got another gig this month to see Mallory Knox in Camden with Connor which I am VERY excited about because Connor and Camden. Although I’m hoping my train journey home will be more pleasant than last time. And then I’m taking a running jump out of my Comfort Zone and photographing two tiny local gigs, which I’m both super excited and super nervous about. Mainly because I could be absolutely crap, but I’ll never know until I get there. But, as a bonus, a couple of weeks after agreeing to do the first one, Connor and Amber are announced as one of the acts. So there will at least be some friendly faces.

And since it’s the start of a new month, let’s have a look at my goals. I had SO much fun blogging this month and I really feel like I’m improving which makes me feel SO DAMN GOOD. Photography has always been my one true love and I feel like every month I’m stepping it up, and since I’ve been adding more props and I’ve upgraded my lens. Lets just have a comparison shall we?

October 2016

IMG_1829

March 2017:

fullsizeoutput_db1

And they say goals are all about numbers. Not that taking in interest in your numbers makes you a bad blogger or a bad person. At all. People that say that really need to just get a grip. And I know I mentioned this last month but I’ve been seeing more and more of it recently. I read Maria.J’s post on this subject earlier and it explained how I feel about it better than I ever could, give it a read!

So let’s talk… *whispers*…numbers.

My goals this month were:

Blog Followers: 350

Twitter Followers: 1000

Instagram Followers: 500

And let’s have a look at where I got to:

Blog Followers: 358

Twitter Followers: 1330 (?!)

Instagram Followers: 594

So now where should we aim for by the end of April?

Blog Followers: 400

Twitter Followers: 1500

Instagram Followers: 650

This has now been the longest I’ve gone without taking a break from blogging or even missing a post and I’m honestly having the BEST time. Now I’m so far into it, I can’t see myself stopping and I kinda just feel like my hard work is paying off. Queue more warm fuzzies.

April 2, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Way to go on your twitter followers!! An your photography skills have massivly improved well done they are looking fab! X

2. April 2, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Time really passes by so quickly. Hope you’ll reach your goals for this month. xo

Antonia || Sweet Passions

3. April 2, 2017 / 8:08 pm

your photography looks like it’s improved loads, the picture of the urban decay lipstick is fab! what lens did you upgrade to?

• April 2, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Thank you! I went from a Canon 50mm 1.8 to a 1.4! xx

• April 2, 2017 / 10:10 pm

I’ve heard lots of good things about the 50mm lens, I might upgrade to that too soon, looks amazing!xx

4. April 2, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Awesome goals! I wish you the best of luck in getting them, but I know you will do just that!!!

5. April 2, 2017 / 8:12 pm

This year has gone so so SO fast its unbelievable! Congrats on hitting all of your social media goals last month, can’t wait to see how you do this month! X

6. April 2, 2017 / 8:14 pm

This month really just flew by! You’re twitter and instagram grew so much! What did you do?

• April 2, 2017 / 8:33 pm

It really did! Instagram I joined in some follow threads and for twitter once I hit 1.1k I began a giveaway! x

7. April 2, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Love this post, it’s amazing seeing how much your photography has improved and your channels growing, you deserve it girly!
    Love, Melissa x

8. April 2, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Wow congrats on the improvement on your photography, I see a drastic difference! Hope you meet all your goals for the month! It’s funny, alot of people complain that Insta is harder to gain followers versus Twitter, I feel opposite lol. I’ve gained Insta followers like crazy, but my Twitter is where I struggle? I don’t get it lol.

• April 2, 2017 / 8:56 pm

Thank you! I’ve found insta harder than twitter up until the last couple of months and now I’m suddenly finding it a lot easier, I don’t get it either haha! x

9. April 2, 2017 / 8:24 pm

Wow your blog is growing so much that’s so cool and your photography has improved so much I’m sure you’ll be great photographing the gigs!!
    Ellie

10. April 2, 2017 / 8:26 pm

I love seeing what people are doing and how peoples skills have developed! Congratulations on your growth! x

11. April 2, 2017 / 8:27 pm

Congratulations on achieving your goals, your photography looks amazing! x

12. April 2, 2017 / 8:30 pm

I know bloggings not all about numbers but well done you for smashing your goals last month! Fingers crossed you do the same this month and good look with your photography!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

13. April 2, 2017 / 8:33 pm

You go glen coco! I see nothing wrong with the numbers game at all. They motivate me too ☺️ here’s to a fab april

14. April 2, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Wow, congratulations on passing your goals on social media! Good luck with the goals for April; I hope you manage to do just as well. I love your photogrpahy improvement, too; I’d love to be as good as you are, even in the first photo! I think I definitely need to invest in a camera to get me anywhere close to your standard, to be honest. Great post!

• April 2, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Girl thank you so much! You’d be surprised, while I love my camera, a lot of it can be done with even a phone camera, all you need is a bit of practice! xx

15. April 2, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Loved this! I may need to start setting goals like this, yours seem to be paying off! Also happy birthday for earlier last month!
    Jas xx

16. April 2, 2017 / 9:07 pm

Well done on exceeding your goals lovely , im just starting out and hoping to build a good following .

17. April 2, 2017 / 9:26 pm

What beautiful photography of the lipstick! You seem like your doing an amazing job and those numbers are fab. I really hope that you continue to smash your goals girl :).

Ellie Xx | http://www.make-it-up.co.uk

18. April 2, 2017 / 10:49 pm

Good luck with your goals.
    mattchristianblog.wordpress.com

19. April 2, 2017 / 11:28 pm

Congrats on all of those goal achievements!! Love to see the growth I. The photos too! Love the glow of the newest one! Very cozy! ✨💕

20. April 3, 2017 / 5:53 pm

It’s amazing how time is flying isn’t it!? Congrats on achieving your stats and good luck for this month!

Jessica | growchangeaccept.co.uk

21. April 3, 2017 / 5:54 pm

Wow it’s amazing that you smashed some of your goals! I have mental goals that I’d like to hit but I know my content isn’t quite there yet to build much of a following!

I wish you luck with this months goals!

Saffron x

saffronwatson.blogspot.co.uk

22. April 3, 2017 / 6:03 pm

I always find that the more I blog the more I want to blog and have fun doing it! I think sometimes taking a break and missing posts just makes you feel like there’s so much pressure on a return post and then it kind of puts you off posting. It sounds like you’ve had a fab month tho and I hope the photography gigs go well!