A Cornwall Getaway

I’ve been waiting for this weekend away since the last one, about two years ago. We’re heading back to our favourite B&B, the Althea Library, which we ADORE.

fullsizeoutput_e1c

Waking up at 6:30 is suddenly a lot easier than it is when I have to go to work. After a quick shower and a slice of toast, we jump in the car and off we go. For the next four hours. On the road. At least I’m not driving. I’ve essentially wimped out since I haven’t done a big motorway since my crash, I decided this wasn’t a good time to start.

fullsizeoutput_e1b

After a quick stop halfway for a bacon roll, we roll into Padstow at about 1pm, ready for a nap. The thing about Padstow is there are quite a lot of hills and one-way streets *shudder*.

Settling in quickly and unloading my bag, we head out to explore. Now my mum is basically obsessed with Rick Stein. That’s basically why we’re here. Because he’s got like 6 shops, cafes and restaurants here. So obviously, we do a lil tour of them. Starting at the furthest away, we work our way back. Mum drags me into the big shop, where everything is fish themed and VERY expensive. But they also sell donuts, which makes it better. After running away from the steep prices, we stumble across Rick Stein’s delicatessen, which means one this. MACARONS. And these giant meringues. Just LOOK at them.

fullsizeoutput_de0

While walking around the harbour we come across a busker. A scruffy looking Cornish man, who then asks me to take a photo of him and my mum as she throws some coins into his guitar case. He finishes this request with “tidy yourself up, look at that ginger mess”. I for one found this HILARIOUS. She basically just paid him to be called a ginger tramp. She’s not even ginger.

fullsizeoutput_e39

By now it’s time we had a bit of food. We head to our old favourite, The Old Custom House for a quick lunch-dinner-thing. It’s got to be the Camembert, surely? Plus we’re sat by the window, which makes all of our food look super photogenic. (I feel like this post is gonna have loads of food photos. I’m not sorry.)

fullsizeoutput_e28

We sit and plan out our next couple of days. Tomorrow we’ll go back to Port Isaac if it’s not raining (and probably even if it is), hopefully without getting lost this time. And then maybe Constantine Bay. We’re also gonna do the Eden Project, but since that’s half inside, that’s a serious “torrential downpour” option. But looking at those clouds, that could be an emergency option. Taking a pretty speedy walk back to our B&B, with a quick detour through the churchyard. It sounds really REALLY weird, but headstones are really good way of testing out your new lens. And snails apparently.

fullsizeoutput_dd2

After mum finishes talking to a cat she found, we head back inside and get cosy. We’ve got a couple of hours til dinner, so it’s time to catch up with comments and maybe have a cheeky Lush bath. Yeah. Let’s do that. I run my bath and get my Lush Easter Carrots out. Going back into the bathroom, I take a look in the tub and find weird black bit floating around. Oh. Maybe a shower it is. But it’s fine because the shower is super nice. With all the little lotions and potions you could ever want. And a mirror with lights round the outside. Because now I can pretend I’m a movie star.

fullsizeoutput_e26

Whacking on a jumper and jeans, we head out to a local pub for some Cornish pub food. Which means fish and chips. Probably the first of many this weekend. We sit back after filling our faces. We have three nights here. Away from work, people, stress. For a proper mother-daughter weekend. Bliss.

1. April 5, 2017 / 6:13 pm

I love that seagull, it’s like ‘what’re you looking at?’ haha. Glad you had a good weekend trip πŸ™‚

• April 5, 2017 / 11:39 pm

It’s lovely isn’t it? Haha I know, it was following me! X

2. Kayleigh Zara
    April 5, 2017 / 8:25 pm

This looks like an amazing day away! I’ve been dying to go to Cornwall and I hope to visit soon – out photography looks amazing too x

3. April 5, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Wow, you are seriously so lucky! I’m so jealous, I hope you had a great time! I seriously want to visit more places but I can’t because I’m at uni! This was such a cute post to read! x

sami | possiblysami.com

4. corinneandkirsty
    April 5, 2017 / 8:39 pm

Your photos are lovely. I have never been to Cornwall but I have heard it is really nice. You confirm it. xx Corinne

5. April 5, 2017 / 8:48 pm

Ahh I’ve just been organising a trip to Cornwall with my best friend in summer. I haven’t been for ages and it’s one of my favourite places in England! That Old Custom House sounds beautiful.

Abs x

6. April 6, 2017 / 9:47 am

I love Cornwall so much, this blog post has made me miss it even more 😞 xo

7. April 6, 2017 / 5:01 pm

Honestly in love with your photography and it sounds like such a lovely getaway!

Jessica | growchangeaccept.co.uk

8. April 6, 2017 / 5:02 pm

Cornwall is Defo on our list of places to go in the UK. James has been but I haven’t and it just looks and sounds amazing!

Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk

9. April 6, 2017 / 5:02 pm

That seagull picture is so cute! Really captured their cheeky side. I am also obsessed with Rick Stein and would love to visit his restaurants. What an amazing experience xx

Sophia // http://sophiawhitham.co.uk

10. April 6, 2017 / 5:03 pm

This looks and sounds so lovely! I’ve been to Cornwall once for a surfing and activities holiday but didn’t see much other than the beach and the inside of a wetsuit but I’d love to go again and actually explore πŸ™‚ xx

• April 6, 2017 / 6:52 pm

You definitely should! It’s such a lovely place! xx

11. April 6, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Your photographs are absolutely gorgeous! And it sounds like you had a lovely time x

12. April 6, 2017 / 5:10 pm

Cornwall is such a beautiful place! I’ve only visited once before but I’m dying to go back πŸ’– You’re photos on this post are breathtaking πŸ’–

13. April 6, 2017 / 5:11 pm

Hi, you just can’t beat a trip to Cornwall and the early morning wake up call is worth it. Love the expression the seagull has, Chloe #TeacupClub

• April 6, 2017 / 7:03 pm

Haha I totally get that!! I’m so sorry for the food envy ha! x

14. April 6, 2017 / 5:25 pm

This sounds like such a lovely weekend with your mum. How fun for you both to share this quaint experience.
    I’m always seeking out new destinations to add to my map, this has made the list, thanks!

15. April 6, 2017 / 5:43 pm

Cornwall sounds like a lovely place to spend a few days at! I love your photos and those donuts look so delicious πŸ™‚

Sarah | What Sarah Writes

April 6, 2017 / 6:32 pm

Wow this sounds like a lovely trip. I would love to check out Rick Steins spots those macaroons 😍😍. The Eden Project is a must as its incredible! Mother and daughter time is so important. I am taking mine to a treehouse and also a hot air balloon trip! X

• April 6, 2017 / 7:15 pm

It really was! Thats amazing! I hope we get to read about it! πŸ˜‰ x

17. April 6, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I LOVE Cornwall!! And Padstow is such a beautiful place. My favourite place in the world is St Ives; is highly recommend going there if you haven’t already. Great post! Xx

• April 6, 2017 / 7:26 pm

I haven’t but we were thinking about going there, so it’s definitely on my to-go list! xx

18. April 9, 2017 / 8:37 pm

Of course I have to check out on the first part of your Cornwall trip after commenting on the part 2. Aha. Love looking at your pictures and your way of writing is wonderful. x Ain

19. April 30, 2017 / 12:47 am

Oh my gosh, I’m planning on going to Cornwall at the end of the year and this sounds just as cute and beautiful as I’ve imagined! xx

• April 30, 2017 / 7:41 am

Thank you so much, you’ll absolutely love it, it’s gorgeous! X