A Cornwall Getaway – Part 3

(Okay I promise this is the last one)

I stir gently awake to the aroma of another top breakfast and roll over to look at our tiny alarm clock. 8:35. Shit. Breakfast is at 9, so I wake mum up and we ruuuuuun. In and out of the bathroom in five minutes, I wait for mum to finish getting ready, stomach making some really attractive noises.

A casual 15 minutes late for breakfast, we stroll in to find another pair of holidayers on our table. Blasphemy. Sitting on the other table, we tuck in to our feast. I might have added a few bits more to today’s breakfast. I cannot be stopped.

fullsizeoutput_ffb

Today’s plan in the Eden Project, since we couldn’t guarantee the weather yesterday. We still can’t, but today we’re taking that risk.

Back into the car with a bit of Take That on, we’re on the way. With the Sat Nav again. Down those winding roads. Again. It wasn’t as bad as Port Isaac yesterday, but it still wasn’t quite the best. This trip was an amazing way to see the rolling hills and wild ponies. Yes. Wild ponies. As well as old barn ruins that have been taken over by sheep. Cornwall is a great place.

fullsizeoutput_ffd

Pulling into the car park, we jump onto a shuttle. Well okay, this totally feels like we’re going on holiday. Hopping off our lil shuttle bus, we walk down into the visitor centre and have a quick coffee before we set off. Infront of the most terrifying puppet show going. Like seriously. It’s meant to show the world without plants and trees but all I can really focus on is the anatomically correct life-size puppets. Horrifying.

fullsizeoutput_fa5

We walked past the creepy performance to get absolutely battered by the wind and rain outside. Well, today’ll be nice then. Walking through the winding paths we eventually making it past the screaming children in their play area into the main Biome area, with the rainforest and mediterranean domes. Very exciting stuff. First stop we made was the rainforest biome. Totally ignoring the cloakroom, and wearing our pretty fluffy parkas in, we slowly boil in our own blood. So what we didn’t really think about, is the fact it’s 30 degrees in here with 75% percent humidity. And I’m wearing a chunky knit jumper. Kill me. We walk around, looking at the pretty flowers and the tall trees. After a little while of walking through the route, we find a cool room, which Mum is the first one into. The woman can’t handle heat in the slightest. After we make our exit of the cold haven, we was through the rest at a bit of a hurried pace, you know, before mum gives out…

fullsizeoutput_ffc

As we make our way out of the rainforest biome with our extra frizzy hair thanks to the cloud maker, we FINALLY spot the cloakroom and head across to the Mediterranean, which looks like Greece. I know where I wanna go on holiday this year. We adventure round the cacti for a while, until we realise, that’s kinda…it. Other than the massive 600ft zip wire going past above us. I look at mum with excited eyes and she replies with “no”. That’s that dream crushed then.

fullsizeoutput_fff

We head back to the cafe and share a MASSIVE sandwich and watch that damn puppet show go round again a few times, before heading back to our airport/car park shuttle and begin the drive home down those lovely non-dirt track roads. We like A roads.

Arriving safely back in our room, with no head-to-heads with any tractors, we sit and relax for a little while, deciding on a late dinner. Mainly so I can take photos of the harbour at night. Mum knows whats up. We realise that Mum’s favourite place in the whole wide world is open until 8, so that’s that sorted. Rick Stein’s fish and chips it is. Seriously. She’s changed her death bed meal apparently. Morbid, but in my mother’s dying days, I apparently have to drive her down to Padstow, just for a takeaway.

fullsizeoutput_1000

By the time we get out, the sun had gone all the way down on our last day here, leaving an inky sky, with just the tiniest bit of light, perfect for some harbour photos. I played around with shutter speed on the water and completely blew my mum’s mind. There’s a lesson to be learned, it’s this: if you ever think you’re not that good at something, show your mum. She’ll probably be amazed by it anyway.

1. April 12, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Love your writing style, feels like I’m there with you! I want to go to Cornwall so much it looks lovely xx

Itsallzara.blogspot.co.uk

2. April 12, 2017 / 8:32 pm

Ive never been to Cornwall but does seem like a real hidden beauty!

• April 12, 2017 / 8:51 pm

It really is, you should try and get there one day! x

3. April 12, 2017 / 8:38 pm

I am officially trying to convince my boyfriend to book a holiday in Cornwall coz it sounds so amazing! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! xx corinne

4. April 12, 2017 / 8:41 pm

After reading all your posts on Cornwall I am so desperate to visit!! Your pictures are lovely xx

Kirsty | The Monday Project | themondayproject.co.uk

5. April 12, 2017 / 8:43 pm

It looks beautiful and I’m glad you have a lovely time! I love your photos too!

6. April 12, 2017 / 8:49 pm

Really enjoyed reading this post! It really makes me want to go to Cornwall (something i’ve wanted to do for ages) My parents have just bought a house down there too! Such beautiful pictures! x

Victoria | VictoriaaHelenn

7. April 12, 2017 / 8:58 pm

Love the way you have written this, makes it feel more like a story that I can get involved in!

8. April 13, 2017 / 5:07 pm

I always used to go to Cornwall as a child and absolutely loved it! I would definitely love to go back in the future!

P.S I love your writing style.

Samantha | https://believeinamiracle.co.uk

9. April 13, 2017 / 5:07 pm

I love your writing style, so descriptive. Your photography is also great, Cornwall looks so pretty. I remember going when I was younger but would really appreciate it now. This has made me want to visit even more, great read!
    Lois x

10. April 13, 2017 / 5:12 pm

Oh my goodness, happened to come across this post to find that I, James have been to all of the places mentioned! Have such great memories from Cornwall, it is truly one of the best places to visit in the UK for a short or longer break! I know exactly what you mean by the temperature and humidity at the Eden Project – I was not prepared either! But what better way to recover than to have Rick Stein’s fish and chips!!

Fantastic post! Thanks for sharing!!

11. April 13, 2017 / 5:14 pm

You have such a wonderful style of writing, really quirky and fun, but informative at the same time! Looks like you had a really lovely time in Cornwall, it’s a beautiful place!

12. April 13, 2017 / 5:16 pm

I’ve loved your Cornwall posts so much! Especially the photos – you have such a beautiful way of taking them! Great post <3

13. April 13, 2017 / 5:25 pm

I love the way you’ve written this and the photos are amazing!
    Panda x
    Thealienb4by.wordpress.com

14. April 13, 2017 / 5:36 pm

Nice pics & great storytelling 😊

April 13, 2017 / 5:47 pm

I seriously need a better camera!! I loved my trip to The Eden Project thought it was such an amazing place. I am so planning a trip to Cornwall this summer looool x