April Glossybox!

Running a little bit late this month, but we got there eventually! By the skin of my teeth…

A bit of a mixed bag this month, but with some pleasant surprises in there! Let’s get down to business…

Merci Handy Hand Gel in Black Vanilla

fullsizeoutput_1274

I’d seen this while I was in Paris, plastered on the walls of the metro and thought “hmm, looks fancy for an anti-bac” and lo and behold, one just so happens to fall into my lap in this month’s pretty lil Glossybox. I was a bit sceptical about the (flavour? scent?), as I’m used to them being all alcoholic or citrusy or just fresh, but this smells SO NICE. It’s just like a really nice hand cream, but it CLEANS YOU. What could be better than that?

Deliwash Haircare Cleansing Conditioner Co-Wash

fullsizeoutput_1259

Okay, I HATED this. I don’t know if I was using this wrong but it was NOT FOR ME. As soon as I tried to get it through my hair, my hands basically got stuck. Not fun. It claims to make frizzy hair fall into natural curls, which to be fair to it, is a pretty big challenge, but considering I couldn’t even get my fingers through my hair, it didn’t quite work. It’s such a shame because it smells SO GOOD.

ModelCo Contour Stick

fullsizeoutput_1253

This, I was pleasantly surprised by. Anything creamy tends not to like my skin, but this was extra soft and creamy, so it didn’t pull the rest of the product of my face. YAY. And it’s a nice warm brown, not as ashy as some other contour sticks can give. Super bendable, I used a bit too much on one cheek the first time I used it, but the second time I get there.

Sport FX Double Ended Brush

fullsizeoutput_127b

This will definitely be coming on lil getaways with me. Quick and easy. And surprisingly good and what it does. This feels like it’s gonna be pretty budget, but in blending my foundation, it was pretty damn flawless and I had little to no fallout. What a bonus.

Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL

fullsizeoutput_1283

Well, I wouldn’t go as far as to say XXL. It’s kind of just your standard mascara. No particular length or volume, I’d say it’s good for every day use to darken your lashes, with a bit of added length after a couple of coats. Could be useful for when I really can’t be bothered to try and fight with waterproof mascara.

And now I’ve finally tested and reviewed this month’s, looks like it’s only gonna be a few days until I get next months…until then!

1. April 30, 2017 / 3:27 pm

This seems like a great box, but it’s a shame the conditioner was no good!

• April 30, 2017 / 8:42 pm

I’d seen them everywhere too, they’re really nice! x

2. Kayleigh Zara
    April 30, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Your photography is so stunning honestly! I really love the look of the mascara x

3. April 30, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Wow this box has some lovely products,how much does this cost monthly? Xx

• April 30, 2017 / 8:49 pm

It’s around £12 a month, but with what you get in the box it’s SO worth it xx

4. April 30, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I think I’d have been a bit disappointed with this box, not really products that I’d use. I like that the hand sanitizer smells nice though, I always have one in my hand bag! Pity about the hair product not working for you!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

• April 30, 2017 / 8:52 pm

I was a bit too! The hand sanitiser and the contour stick made it for me, I wasn’t amazed by the rest! x

5. April 30, 2017 / 8:38 pm

Glossybox looks like a really interesting sub box! That contour stick looks really cool, I love Models Own!

Kirsty | The Monday Project | themondayproject.co.uk

• April 30, 2017 / 9:15 pm

I’ve thought about maybe changing over to Birchbox sometimes to see if that’s any better, but then Glossybox comes out with a fab box and changes my mind again haha! xx

6. April 30, 2017 / 8:53 pm

I know what you mean with antiseptic/citrusy smell, that’s why I never really liked hand gels, but this one sounds like a discovery. I’ve used a hair mask before and it was lovelt, but I don’t know the brand you got. Love your review, it’s concise, so it’s so easy to read.

Maya | http://londondamsel.co.uk/lifestyle/makes-successful-blogger/

7. April 30, 2017 / 9:04 pm

Quite a mixed box here! I’ve been umming and ahhing about restarting glossybox but i hated paying for products i wasn’t going to use. Fimgers crossed you love everything in next months box! xo

• April 30, 2017 / 9:28 pm

I’ve thought about unsubscribing a few times but then something good always comes along! Thank you! x

8. April 30, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Your photos are amazing! Great review, Jodie! I’m particularly intrigued by the ModelCo contour stick and Sport FX brush.

Aria x | http://notesonthursdays.com

9. April 30, 2017 / 9:50 pm

I’ve never heard of this subscription box before. I get Birchbox at the moment so maybe I’ll add this to my ‘treat-to-self’ list too 🙂